A couple of weeks ago we spent a Sunday recording instrumentals of 7 tunes for Brazilian Garage Rock band “Canto Torto”.
Click to read about the setup
The setup was the following:
- Universal Audio Apollo x8p for drums
- Universal Audio original Apollo for bass and guitars (both via DI, post any effect pedal the musicians wanted to use)
- Universal Audio Apollo Solo
All mic pres were running API Legacy console, with EQ and compression when needed.
And the mics:
- RE20 for the kick
- Audix i5 for snare top
- 421 for rack tom and floor tom
- 2 x Oktavas MK-012 for ORTF overheads
- 2 x Bash Audio RM BIV-1 for room mics
There is no post-recording processing here yet. Just a compressor and a limiter on the stereo bus.